When children enter school ready to learn and parents are involved in their children’s education, we all benefit! The School Readiness program is a continuum of services that allows children 3 years old to kindergarten enrollment to participate in early childhood programs and services that enable them to enter school with the skills and behavior needed for them to progress and flourish.
Some of the services available include:
- Preschool Scholarships
- Early childhood learning experiences
- Parent education and support
- Health and community service referrals
- Family events & Partners In Education (PIE) Groups
- Kindergarten information
Who qualifies for School Readiness?
- Children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1 of the school year
- Families must be income eligible and live in Olmsted County
Placement considerations include child and family needs, available community openings, and parent choice. Children and families with the greatest need have the highest priority for enrollment.
Applications are accepted all year long. To apply, please visit the “How to Apply” page.
School Readiness has a 4 Star Rating from Parent Aware. To learn more about Parent Aware, click here.
For more information or if you have questions, please call 507-287-2020 or toll free 1-800-462-1660 and ask for School Readiness.