Income Eligibility Requirements
Your family must meet at least one of the listed requirements for either Option 1 OR Option 2.
Option 1 – Federally Funded Public Programs
If you currently participate in one of the programs listed below, you must attach an official document to show participation in the program:
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program (FRLP)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Food Support (SNAP)
- Head Start
- Foster Care
Acceptable proof of participation includes: official notice on program letterhead; application with program approval/signature; authorization form from the public program; current bill or receipt from the program; or screenshot from the program’s official system of record.
Documentation must list the date and list either the parent or child’s name to be considered valid.
Option 2 – Income Verification
Attach acceptable proof of all income for each adult listed on the application. This may include one of the following:
- Previous year’s tax form (must include an INK signature on the document to be accepted)
- W-2 form from previous year
- Two most recent pay stubs (for each member of the household with income)
- Financial aid statement
- Statement from and employer on company letterhead
If any household has no income, sign and submit the self-declaration of no income on page 12 of the application.
The chart below is based on the 2023 poverty guidelines published in the Federal Register on 1/19/2023 and is valid for awards from 7/1/2023 through 6/30/2024. The household’s gross income must be less than or equal to the amount listed to qualify, or the family must be able to prove current participation in a public program.
**For family units of more than nine members, add $9,509 for each additional member.