HEAD START AND EARLY HEAD START:
Hello Head Start and Early Head Start Families,
We are adjusting to the reality of the corona virus. Even though your child is not in class or receiving visits from your home educator, we would like to continue providing your child and family learning opportunities. We will do this by sharing information on activities you can do in the home. The schools call this ‘distance learning’. Your child’s teacher and your home visitor will be reaching out daily to provide educational opportunities for your child and to support your family. Please let us know how we can help your family during this time.
If you are having trouble connecting with your child’s teacher or your family home visitor, you may contact one of the staff below:
- Sandy, Head Start Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (507) 254-6814
- Andrea, Head Start Associate Director, email@example.com, (507) 402-2293
- Jillayne, Family and Community Engagement Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (507) 951-7474
- Shannon, The Place Site Coordinator, email@example.com, (507) 951-7500
- Jessica, Early Head Start Coordinator for The Place, firstname.lastname@example.org, (507) 216-2029
- Jana, Empowerment Center Site Coordinator, email@example.com, (507) 272-7582
- Angela, Freeborn County Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (507) 923-8524
School Readiness is working from remote locations but can be reached by phone or email at:
Amanda L: email@example.com or (507) 696-6581
Dwana S: firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 696-5329
Crisis Nursery is still assisting clients during the COVID-19 situation. To access Crisis Nursery, please call (507) 287-2020 and select option 3 for Crisis Nursery. We will assist you over the phone.
We are available by appointment if you are in need of diapers or formula. Please note, our diaper and formula supply is currently very limited.
CHILD CARE AWARE OF MINNESOTA SOUTHERN DISTRICT:
For assistance while staff is working remotely, please contact the following to address your needs or concerns:
- Looking for childcare? Please visit parentaware.org
- Parent Aware Information or help reaching your Parent Aware Quality Coach:
- Sara S, Child Care Aware Southern District Director, email@example.com
- Connie W, Coach Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Care Provider Grant Questions
- Dawn E, Grants Coordinator: email@example.com
- Training Related Questions
EARLY LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS:
The Early Learning Scholarships program continues to provide funding to awarded children. Though our offices are currently closed, staff will be working from home to provide support to families and providers during this time.
Staff may be reached by phone at: 888-450-2773 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Education
- The Center for Disease Control
- The World Health Organization
Additional Links for Providers: